Here’s how to polish your shoes quickly and easily without shoe polish by using Polished SKUFF!
Traditional wax shoe polishes are smelly, messy and generally unpleasant – especially considering that you have to apply them constantly to maintain a shine!
Very few people actually like polishing shoes using traditional wax shoe polish. In order to apply them, you should have a rag, a sponge, and a brush for starters – so the price of shoe polish just went from $3 or more for the tin of shoe polish to over $20 with all the accessories. Next, you need to actually take your time applying the polish, brushing it in, and buffing it to a decent shine. Then, the shine isn’t always perfect, so you need to do it again and again just to get it right! Needless to say, each time you apply it, brush it, and buff it, you need to deal with the smell of chemicals and the ever expanding mess of wax all over your hands and clothes. I’ve ruined at least a few shirts and pants just applying shoe polish to my shoes. In the end, you’ll have a decent shine on your shoes – for roughly a week, if that – that cost you way more money, time, and effort than it should’ve.
So why waste your time applying shoe polish if it’s that much of hassle? Good question! After years of doing it myself, I decided to just stop and invent a completely new way of doing it…
This is ultimately where the vast majority of land – not even bothering to polish their shoes. It just becomes too time consuming after a while. But, everyone who’s ever polished their shoes wants their shoes to be polished! So, what’s the solution: either waste your time and money on traditional shoe polish, or take a entirely different approach all together? I went with the latter. Instead of wasting my time, I decided to try something completely different – and ended up creating an entirely new and innovative product in the process.
SKUFF is an entirely new approach to polishing shoes – a glossy finish that’s quick and easy to apply, leaves no unpleasant smell or mess, and can keep shoes shiny and looking new for months, even years from just one application!
SKUFF doesn’t use waxes like traditional polishes. SKUFF takes a whole different approach. Instead of using toxic solvents to dissolve waxes which you then apply to shoes, SKUFF uses a water-based proprietary resin technology to apply a protective coating that shines shoes and polishes leather. SKUFF comes in applicators you can use to apply it quickly and easily with little to no mess in as little as 5 minutes. Plus, there’s need to continuously polish your shoes week after week, because a single application of SKUFF can last for years at a time. SKUFF also protects shoes from scuffs, stains, water, dirt, and damage – essentially keeping shoes polished, clean, and looking new for years.
Here’s what you need to do to avoid traditional wax shoe polish and still apply a long lasting, amazing looking shine to your shoes:
- (Optional) Check out our What is SKUFF and Benefits section for more info on Polished SKUFF.
- Go to our Shop and get some Polished (Blue) SKUFF.
- Clean traditional polish from your shoes or leather goods using SKUFF towelettes and/or rubbing alcohol – DO NOT apply SKUFF over traditional polish.
- Apply Polished SKUFF evenly to shoes and leather goods using the applicators, the included towelettes, or a sponge lying around from the old days of polishing shoes. The more coats you apply, the more protection and shine your shoes will have. I personally apply 3 coats of Polished SKUFF to my dress shoes when I first get them – the shine will last much longer with each additional coat.
- Allow SKUFF to dry for a few hours, then go ahead an wear your shoes.
- Touch up and clean SKUFF whenever needed.
- Try not to get a big head when everyone notices your Polished shoes.